Opportunity to pursue: Elderly people in the US are unable to effectively trouble shoot current generation electronics because of their age and the fast pace technology advances.
- The who: Elderly people/ non technological individuals
- The what: They are unable to troubleshoot simple electronic devices and get them working properly
- The why: Continuous fast pace of technology does not let some individuals catch up to how things work.
- Testing The Who: Other people who might have this need are people with disabilities or anyone who does not have a person there to help them set-up their day to day electronics.
- Testing the What: To know every single piece of troubleshoot is difficult; Some elderly people are difficult to work with.
- Testing the why: Family members are not always around to help their elders on simple troubleshoots. Some people with disabilities might not have anyone around for help.
My research for this included a system similar to on call repairs, in which someone would go to a persons house and help them troubleshoot simple day to day things that we take for granted.
Like: setting up wifi, printers, fixing phones, organizing the emails.
This model can work with anyone who is not technologically savvy and might just need some help with a quick setup or so.
What I dint know about this opportunity is scalability, training people to fix or troubleshoot anything might be troublesome, but as I noticed there is definitively a need for this types of services.
Interesting idea Alex. I know of several older people who have issues with their phones and using certain devices. I also could see where this would be helpful for people who are just not good with technology stuff. If I don't know how to do something or hook something up, I just do a search and usually find instructions online or a video to help me do something. The people who are not very tech savy probably would not even think to do that. Having a different way for them to get answers and help is a good idea.
ReplyDelete